Saturday, June 18, 2011

Learning Unit #3 Reflections

For my third learning unit, I created a unit for language arts, grade four. I created my unit based on the "Research" indicator. Students created a presentation using Google Presentations on a U.S. President. Once they were completed with that, they made their own comic strip based on their President. The last part of the project, students found a political cartoon on their President and posted it to Voicethread.

I also liked this project. The Google Presentation is a great tool for students to learn how to summarize information that they learn. The comic strip has students apply what they know about their President, and become creative with it. Something I would do different with my Voicethread is have students either create their own political cartoon using Pixton, and post that to Voicethread where classmates can respond or I would have students post their comics to Voicethread and have their classmates comment on their comics. If I would use something like a political cartoon, we would want to as a class look at political cartoons before the project so that students understand how to critique a cartoon and relate it to an event in politics or the news, etc.

1 comment: