Saturday, June 18, 2011

Learning Unit #2 Reflections

I really enjoyed creating my Social Studies unit. For my Learning Unit #2, students were to create a glog about a world religion. Also on their glog they needed to include a video as well. Once that was completed, they used Google Earth to show where the religion originated and where it is most popular in the world today.
I absolutely loved using Glogster. Such a cool website. You would be able to use this site in any subject area. Same with using videos in the classroom.
I also think that Google Earth is a great tool. Students today (and a lot of adults too!) do not know their geography. Having a site that is as interactive as Google Earth would provide them with an opportunity to really understand other parts of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about both Glogster and Google Earth. I created a Glog for my second grade project on different forms of transportation throughout history. One aspect that I thought was awesome is that they let you insert pre-made videos about topics. All you have to do is search for your topic in the Glog video search engine and it will provide you withe a variety of relevant material to put in next to your pictures and text. Google Earth also proved to me way more awesome than I could have expected. How cool is it that you can see actual street views!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your religion unit smooth and interesting to look at. Lots of good information too.

    ReplyDelete